• writing a technical report that everyone can understand
• organizing and analyzing medical records
• preparing medical chronologies and comparing them to allegations
• identifying standards of care, causation, and damage issues
• conducting relevant literature research
• providing education regarding healthcare facts and issues relevant to a case
• providing basic cost projections for mediation
• assisting with trial and structuring deposition questions
• finding, screening, and preparing expert witnesses
The public respects registered nurses for their caring, expert knowledge, attention to detail, ability to identify and prioritize. Their broad background and professionalism make a Legal Nurse Consultant an asset to any attorney's team.
While the attorney is the legal expert, the LNC is the expert on the healthcare system. The LNC offers cost effective expertise to review medical records and understanding and communicating the subtleties of the healthcare system.